As soon as details are decided, they will be notified via Campus Square and other media. Therefore, students will need to check Campus Square and Active! Mail regularly for new information.
If you are forced to come to the campus due to course consultation or registration, students with the following symptoms should refrain from visiting:
- Those with a fever of 37.5 or higher
- Those who have respiratory symptoms (cough, difficult breathing, etc.)
- Those with olfactory/taste disorders
- Those who have a sense of fatigue
- Those who have a runny nose or a sneezing fit
- Those who have stayed or participated in any events (including eating and drinking) in an area with ongoing spread of the novel coronavirus within 2 weeks
- Wearing a mask
- Cough etiquette
- Try not to create confined spaces with poor ventilation, not to create a distance at arm’s reach, and/or not to talk at a close distance or speak loudly.
- Avoid using public transportation as much as possible.
The year-beginning events
- Incoming students English Placement Test
- Orientation … Cancelled
- Briefing session on the novel coronavirus infection measures by “the New Academic Support System for Higher Education” and “JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) Scholarship Loan” … Cancelled
- Regular Health Examination (for incoming students and enrolled students who have not yet been examined) … to be announced
- Orientation Training Camps for Individual Departments (Welcoming Freshmen) … Cancelled
- Class Registration, Registration for Qualification Courses …
Third year: April 23-May 1
Second year: April 24-May 1
First year: April 27-May 1
※ Students will be able to register without having to come on campus (register by PC recommended).
Details will be notified via Campus Square.
※ If a student finds it difficult to register from home and wants to come directly to the campus for
registration, entering the campus for consultation with the Academic Affairs Section will be accepted.
- Spring Semester Classes … starts on May 7 (Thursday)
※ During the Spring Semester (until July 31), in principle, remote classes will be held.
Details will be notified via Campus Square and Active! Mail.
However, if the infection status is improved, regular classes will be held.
In that case, the start date and time will be informed approximately two weeks in advance.
※ This does not apply to some subjects which need to be taught in regular classes in the interest of
- Extracurricular Activities … cancelled until July 31 (Friday)
※ Applications for participating in a competition may be permitted only when it will be held under
the sponsorship of the relevant students federation.
※ The discontinuation period may be shortened if the infection status is improved.
◇ Contact and inquiries regarding the events:
- Orientation, Enrollment and Registration for Qualifications Courses, Spring Semester Classes:
Academic Affairs Section, Tenri University (weekdays 8:50—17:20)
Phone: (+81) 743-63-8166 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support Section, Tenri University (weekdays 8:50—17:20)
Phone: (+81) 743-63-8148 E-mail: email@example.com
Office of International Exchange Center, Tenri University (weekdays 8:50—17:20)
Phone: (+81) 743-63-9005 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org